• You are not logged in.

Bank Notes

• Started by Kaneorabel
  • 6 Replies
  • Kaneorabel

or at least drag and drop UI for your bank.

• Beast Fable

Hell no. If you want bank notes play Open RSC. This is the only private server that has original certing methods, can we at least have ONE that stays true to official?

• Kaneorabel

RSC pre March 2004 was never intended to be the final version of the game. I don't see any problem with refining it to be more user friendly. 

Some things in RSC are just unnecessarily click intensive and likely the only reason for it is the Gowers didn't think of a better alternative at the time these things were implemented. For example, why would you need to click your bucket, the fountain, your clay for every item of clay in your inventory just to make 29 pieces of soft clay? That's 87 clicks and the UI also closes after each click, so you have you drag your cursor back over your inventory before you can click again. Its a waste of time and you get no xp for it. It takes just as long to make 29 soft clay to click those 3 things once then have it applied one by one to your entire inventory.

My point is you can make small improvement while still preserving the overall intent and integrity of the game. A better functioning game is more enjoyable one. Wanting a better bank UI doesn't fall into the same category as the Grand Exchange, an update which completely changed how the game is played at the macro level.

I just want to organize my bank.

• Last edited by Kaneorabel (02-12-2020 14:16:48)
  • Beast Fable

What you're saying makes sense, but with RSC Vanilla, we don't want QOL improvements. We want it to mirror official as much as possible, for nostalgia. There are some classic players that hate the manual part of the game, and there are some that want that because it wouldn't be classic without it. Obviously the private server community is very divided on this, and you could say mostly agrees with you, as the majority of RSC private servers have bank notes and batching for almost any skilling activity. However, Vanilla is different. I hate to say this, but I suggest you find another private server if QOL in classic is really that important to you, because Vanilla shouldn't, and hopefully won't, change. If you can get past the manual aspects of Vanilla, I'm sure you'll find an active and friendly community to play with. Cheers!

• Last edited by Beast Fable (03-12-2020 23:20:10)
  • Kaneorabel
Beast Fable said:

What you're saying makes sense, but with RSC Vanilla, we don't want QOL improvements. We want it to mirror official as much as possible, for nostalgia. There are some classic players that hate the manual part of the game, and there are some that want that because it wouldn't be classic without it. Obviously the private server community is very divided on this, and you could say mostly agrees with you, as the majority of RSC private servers have bank notes and batching for almost any skilling activity. However, Vanilla is different. I hate to say this, but I suggest you find another private server if QOL in classic is really that important to you, because Vanilla shouldn't, and hopefully won't, change. If you can get past the manual aspects of Vanilla, I'm sure you'll find an active and friendly community to play with. Cheers!

As you said players are divided on this. My opinion, and I'm sure others agree, the game is more enjoyable when its less click intensive and more user friendly in areas that don't impact how the game is played, xp rates, etc.

RSC is also an old game so its at somewhat of a disadvantage when it comes to attracting new users and the more people playing an MMORPG the more enjoyable the experience is. I think its unreasonable to suggest to people who like the game and are playing it, that it shouldn't be user friendly because its "vanilla" and if they don't like it they should just leave. It can still be vanilla without having to click 87 times to make an inventory of soft clay. Anyway that's my opinion.

• Sad Catching

Kaneorabel,

The purpose of RSC Vanilla is for players to revisit and continue to enjoy the original game as it was.  Our goal is to keep the original vanilla game online after Jagex decided to take the official vanilla servers offline.  We aren't here to attract new players by modifying the game, there's plenty of modified servers experimenting with that already. 

Have a good rest of your day!

• Kaneorabel

I'd certainly prefer everything to remain completely original than having customized content added that was never part of any early version the game. Being new to the server, I suppose I've misunderstood the intent of the suggestions section?

Good day to you too!

• Last edited by Kaneorabel (19-01-2021 19:46:18)

Users in this topic: 0 guests, 0 registered users