• You are not logged in.

Roadmap - October

• Started by Zell
  • 11 Replies
  • Zell
  • Administrator

Greetings everyone,

First i'd like to give a big thank you to everyone who has given their support towards RSCVanilla, the community are on point with the bugtracker as well as privately messaging me about bugs and other issues as soon as they come up. We are getting closer and closer to be bug free. We have now over 100+ registered users and we are proud on how things are evolving currently.

Here's our Roadmap for October:

Step 1 - Bugs:
There are usually always a bug found, but we are aiming towards having all the bugs solved in October. The bugtracker should be all green in the upcoming days and bugs that are being reported there will be actively worked on.

Step 2 - Advertising:
We are feeling confident to launch our advertising campaigns this month. We will be advertising on multiple big platform such as Facebook, Reddit and more. We are also making some fancy banners to be used on Voting sites and forums. The players have helped letting other players know about RSCVanilla on various gaming forums and we appreciate your efforts in spreading the word about the server. We need all the help we can get. 

Step 3 - Calling for PK:
Very recently, players has been asking me to push for some low level PK action and I was thinking that we could start with having one day a week where we meet up in Varrock or Edgeville border for some weekly fun.

This Sunday (October 7th) at 7PM UTC we will be having a level 5 mage war in the Varrock borders, like back in the days. Please leave a comment below if you can participate, and also leave feedback on what levels you would like to see on Sundays (I think Sundays is a perfect day for some PK focus). If people are interested in this then we should also have this dedicated day for consistency.

Step 4 - Halloween:
We are going to release the Halloween rares on October 31st. There has been a lot of talking in Discord regarding the Holiday items, when are they going to be introduced? How will they be introduced? How many of each are we planning on adding to the server? etc.

The Halloween Items will be dropped like they were back in 2001-2003 by Jagex, dropped on random intervals accross the F2P areas. Since we do not have a huge influx of players we have decided that we will drop a reasonable amount of objects calculated by how many players there are online. We have absolutely no idea on how many players that will participate, so it's not unlikely that we will see these items dropped again next year.

Step 5 - The future & currently working on:
The majority of the community are very strict against custom features coming to RSCVanilla and that we should not add anything that was not added in the real game and we do not plan on adding anything crazy, anything that takes away the RSC feel. However we are open to QoL changes if that's what the community would want. So as for future updates we are pretty much letting you decide what they should be and we need your input.

I am currently working on a community feed web page which will contain web and game related feeds, dev blogs and upcoming events. I think this will be very good to have, especially for transparancy for development, but also especially for events.

Recently I have had a few emails where people have lost their password to their in-game account, and currently it's not possible to retrieve an account if you have lost your game password, unless you PM me. However I am soon done with the old, but gold, Recovery Questions system Jagex had back in the day, which will put an additional security to your account(s) and able to retrieve your lost password.

We have had a few complaints regarding the Android application and it's updater, where new versions won't install. I am fixing this issue and will update Android together with the bug patches in the upcoming days.

EDIT: There will be a countdown timer on the website for the Holiday Drops and for the PK Sunday, so stay tuned!

Please leave some feedback and I wish every runescaper a very delicious day smile

~Zell.

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.

• Padwan

Great job so far, looking forward to the updates and rscvanilla future development as a whole.  To the players currently here grinding away, hats off and happy grinding wink.  

• Zell
  • Administrator

It has been very quiet from me the last two weeks, I apologize. I just want you to know that we are currently working day and night for a secondary server of which will have custom and quality updates. We will introduce the team, the secondary server in a separate news thread.

Best regards,
Zell.

• Padwan

Why make another server to give yourself more work to do? Wouldn't u rather just work on the one currently out atm? hmm

• Zell
  • Administrator
Padwan said:

Why make another server to give yourself more work to do? Wouldn't u rather just work on the one currently out atm? hmm

I will be supporting the Vanilla version, and the secondary server. However the secondary server will have another set of team, which will be dedicated to the secondary server as it will need more attention smile

I am not abandoning, nor stopping working on the vanilla version. Both will be advertised, both will use the same website. Right now we are building a new backend on the website, which will have 100% player handling support and make it very easy for the team to administrate/moderate the players.

We are aiming to have the secondary server released this weekend as well as having halloween events for both servers.

• Yauker

whats the "other server" of same name? is it 100% vanilla too or is a bit more reasonable to play? 

• Zell
  • Administrator
Yauker said:

whats the "other server" of same name? is it 100% vanilla too or is a bit more reasonable to play? 

It will be a world 2 with higher XP rate, QoL upgrades, and new quality content smile

So world 1 will stay a real replica, while the world 2 is a continued version.

• Padwan

That's acutally not a bad idea with a world 2 with different xp rates. However I feel the vanilla needs more npcs in wildy and more agro from further squares so to speak. Also other little tweaks that keeps it vanilla but at the same time more appealing.

• Travis

I think Vanilla needs a few tweaks as well, but adding extra monsters and agro I disagree with. Real RSC was not appealing to a lot of people, its just not for them. I think Vanilla needs to be exactly like RSC to the T if at all possible.

I personally think RSC Vanilla should roll back in time to where combat levels were hidden unless fighting said individual. I wouldn't go so far as to say bring back wildy in every town but lumby; but hey, I wouldn't mind that either lol.

Also remove Fatigue, that stuff came late 2002. pukeeee

• Last edited by Travis (23-10-2018 14:11:12)
  • Padwan

Tbh if no more npcs added make the Argo further? Its just little tweaks that doesn't change anything negative. I respect your views even tho I disagree with some. We need to make it more appealing to get players where possible with little tweaks that been one example. Like you said sleeping bag came 2002, get rid I say! For the record all, sosa char names are as followed. *alchmist* *bank greeter* *dopesmoker* *snider*. He just tryed to multilog me afk with no food and failed. Tut tut I expected better..oh wait np I didn't.

• Viktor
Zell said:
Yauker said:

It will be a world 2 with higher XP rate, QoL upgrades, and new quality content smile

So world 1 will stay a real replica, while the world 2 is a continued version.

"higher XP rates";
This post looks outdated- but I'm all for holiday rares if it's implemented well. All the best smile

• Yauker

sorry i dont time and plan my gameplay... if there was a general chat and ppl talking in it id come in the moment... sorry though i dont plan days ahead for real life never mind for a video game xd even if some days i may zone out for 18 hrs into an rs mission.. 

Users in this topic: 0 guests, 0 registered users